Thursday, October 03, 2013

Brain Trauma and Our Duality as Human Beings

This is brilliant....and since my character Romero is recovering from a TBI in Act Three of my first ballade, will be equally informative. I think it can also be informative to the design structure I have for the novel....the big Google Earth picture of my structure is based on the Tai Chi Tu Tarot spread, a conscious meditation on our duality. The structure is in two 'hemispheres' grappling between the tension of the major arcanas of Temperance (care, nurture, medication, [and twisted into colonization]) and Strength (our potence, evolution, new abilities [and distorted into our abuse of power]) I am fascinated by this...and how it can add a new layer to the narrative, as Romero tries to reclaim his humanity while at the same time dealing with his new trauma and abilities. Here is the link to the TED talk by Dr. Jill Bolt Taylor titled "La Puissante Introspection" Many thanks to artist Nitro Fireguard via Paris for the link.

No comments: